Mediterra Community Campaign
The Mediterra community campaign is a collaborative effort between United Way of Lee, Hendry, and Glades and United Way of Collier and The Keys. Our community campaigns provide an opportunity for residents to give of their time and talents and to connect with others who share the same passion to improve the lives of those around us.
The community of Mediterra raised over $50,000 in 2022-2023! Thank you for helping the 2022-2023 United Way of Lee, Hendry, and Glades Campaign exceed our goal by reaching $11.2 million! Your generous contribution during these unprecedented times enables us to provide the most impactful resources and services to our community in need.
All money raised in the United Way Campaign stays in the local community to help support the local human service network. United Way partner agencies and initiatives like Alvin A. Dubin Alzheimer’s Resource Center, Child Care of Southwest Florida, The Salvation Army, Bonita Springs Assistance, Lighthouse of Southwest Florida, Mission United, and United Way 211 serve a diverse range of needs in our community such as nurturing children and youth, strengthening families, and meeting critical needs such as helping the elderly and disabled live independently, and empowering communities by bringing health and human services to neighborhoods.
In addition to supporting over 260 programs and special initiatives in 2022-2023, United Way of Lee, Hendry, and Glades provided the following Hurricane Ian related support:
- $2,803,970 in funding to 161 agencies and programs to help survivors and provide services and resources.
- $964,345 in gift cards to thousands of survivors to help with repairs, immediate needs, and replacement of essentials.
- $892,270 in direct assistance to survivors to help with temporary shelter, repairs, immediate needs, and replacement of essentials.
- $25,784,747 received in donated goods with $17,623,045 worth of building/construction supplies, furniture, apparel, home goods, school supplies, etc. distributed to community partners and thousands of households.
- $10 million in additional donated goods received and distributed in cooperation with the State of Florida, Volunteer Florida, and Emergency Management.
- $3.4 million impact in debris removal, muck and gut, repairs, and points of distribution by 11,200 volunteers with 107,446 volunteer hours tracked by the United Way Volunteer Center.
A special thank you to the Mediterra Committee for their efforts.
Tade Bua-Bell, Tommye Schiro, and Ted Todd
Community Donation Form
Resources & Information
Leadership Giving Levels
Alexis de Tocqueville Society
La Société Nationale $100,000+
Ordre de Fraternité $75,000+
Ordre d’Egalité $50,000+
Ordre de Liberté $25,000+
Membres de la Société $10,000+
Please note that United Way will never sell or share any of your personal information.
UNITED WAY OF LEE, HENDRY, AND GLADES, INC. IS A 501(C)(3) NONPROFIT CORPORATION REGISTERED PURSUANT TO CHAPTER 496, SECTION 496.405 OF THE FLORIDA STATUTES. A COPY OF THE OFFICIAL REGISTRATION (CH31) AND FINANCIAL INFORMATION MAY BE OBTAINED FROM THE DIVISION OF CONSUMER SERVICES BY CALLING TOLL-FREE (1-800-435-7352) WITHIN THE STATE OR FROM ITS WEBSITE AT WWW.800HELPFLA.COM. REGISTRATION DOES NOT IMPLY ENDORSEMENT, APPROVAL, OR RECOMMENDATION BY THE STATE. EIN# 59-1005169