United Way of Lee, Hendry, and Glades is a volunteer driven organization dedicated to improving the quality of life for all people in our community.
Commitment to Anti-racism/Ethnic Discrimination
United Way of Lee, Hendry, and Glades unequivocally denounce racism and ethnic discrimination because they undermine the well-being and vitality of our community.
Below is our Diversity, Equity & Inclusion Statement of Principle which outlines our commitment to building a sustainable, inclusive, and resilient community.
Diversity, Equity, & Inclusion Statement of Principle
We take the broadest possible view of diversity.
We value the visible and invisible qualities that make you who you are.
We welcome that every person brings a unique perspective and experience to advance our mission for the health, education, and financial stability of every person in every community.
We believe that each United Way community member, donor, volunteer, advocate, and employee must have equal access to solving community problems.
We strive to include diversity, equity, and inclusion practices at the center of our daily work.
We commit to using these practices for our business and our communities.
Organizational Guiding Principles
- Maintain the highest integrity and ethical standards.
- Maximize resource development activities and achieve the annual campaign goal.
- Maintain the fiscal responsibility of the organization and be accountable to the community for every dollar raised and spent.
- Allocate United Way resources to local human service programs and initiatives so as to achieve the greatest positive impact.
- Be a leader in identifying critical and emerging social service problems and serve as a catalyst in developing the most coordinated, effective and efficient human service delivery system to solve those problems.
- Work collaboratively with all groups to foster the idea of “Community” in its broadest sense.
- Develop strong positive partnerships with United Way agencies, programs, and initiatives so that together we can make a difference in the lives of families, children, and individuals in our community.
- Recognize that the success of our United Way is directly dependent on our ability and the ability of our partners to recruit, maintain and motivate dedicated, enthusiastic, and productive volunteers.
- Recognize the value of diversity and to be committed to promoting inclusion and diversity in all United Way activities.
- Educate the community about the positive impact of the United Way and the United Way network of partner programs and initiatives so that the United Way system is recognized as the best way to improve the quality of life in our community.